23 days left to apply
Before applying please read the following supporting documents. It is particularly important that you read the guidance notes before completing your application.
- Senior Category Specialists
- Job Category: Finance/Revenues/Benefits, Commissioning and Procurement
- Contract type: Permanent
- Working hours: Full Time
- Department: Resources
- Grade: Grade 7
- Salary: £28,221 - £32,233
- Closing date: 11/03/2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Commissioning and Procurement team, Resources Directorate. We are looking to appoint two senior category specialists who are self-motivated individuals to join our team. The vacant roles are in the Corporate and Social Care Category Management Teams.
• The roles will be for enthusiastic individuals who demonstrate the requirements and experience detailed in the Person Specification. The main responsibilities and requirements of the roles are:
• Directing and co-ordinating all sourcing activity.
• Ensuring effective contract and supplier relationship management to maximise value for money.
• Deliver and implement category management and relevant sourcing strategies.
• Deliver targeted savings across the assigned categories / sub-categories.
• Providing advice and guidance to support the framework members, category team members and Service Area staff with respect to procurement procedures and processes.
• The successful candidates must have excellent communication skills
The roles are based at County Hall. For an informal discussion please contact Sam Harry on 02920 873734.
These vacancies are suitable for post share.
We welcome applications in both English and Welsh. Applications received in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than English applications.
As a large public sector organisation, it is important to us that we support the economic wellbeing of our citizens and that our workforce better reflects the communities we serve. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from individuals:
aged under 25
not in employment, education or training
from our local communities including in particular those from the Cardiff BAME community
able to communicate fluently in Welsh
Print job details