Using this site
Finding a job
A variety of new job search tools are available. These include the ability to:
- See a list of our current Council and Schools based jobs
- Search for jobs by salary, job type, contract type, working hours, service area and keyword.
Set up job alerts by email. You can change your selections at any time by returning to this page. You need to register and log in to use this feature.
Registration is free and allows you to:
- Apply for jobs online
- Save job applications part-way through and return to them later
- Receive reminders for part-completed job applications before the closing date
- Receive job alerts by email
When you register, you will receive an automated activation email. Click on the link in this email to activate your account.
Once registered, relevant sections of the job application form will be automatically completed for you.
For Information on how to adjust the size of text on the site, please visit our Accessibility Page .
Hotmail and Yahoo users
Please note, if you are using a Hotmail or Yahoo email account to register, the activation email may be automatically directed to your spam or junk mail folder.
If you forget your password, enter your email address on the jobs login screen and click on the "click to receive a reminder" link.
Use this feature to manage your account.
Edit your personal profile details.
View and apply for jobs that you've added to your jobs basket. You can add jobs to your jobs basket by clicking on the link on job details pages.
Manage your saved online job applications including:
- Resume part-completed applications
- View submitted applications
- View archived applications
- Submitted application forms are not editable, but you can view and print these
- Application forms are stored on this website for a period of 6 months only
- After 6 months they will be automatically deleted from the system
Our RSS jobs feed delivers the latest job vacancies directly to your computer. RSS or "really simple syndication" refers to the format used for the feed.
To use the feed, you will need a piece of software called a news reader. Find out more from our "What is RSS?" page
Send to a friend
You can send job vacancies to a friend by clicking on the "send to a friend" link on job details pages.
The information you provide on our jobs website will only be used for the purpose for which you provided it. Please read our privacy statement for more information.
This website is private and secure. It uses industry-standard encryption technology called SSL to protect your information. The padlock symbol displayed in web browsers indicates sites that use SSL.
Be Safe Online
Be safe when online, ensure that you keep your internet browser and security software up to date with the latest security updates. For more information and advice on staying safe visit www.getsafeonline.org.
How to get the best from our jobs pages