18 hours left to apply
Before applying please read the following supporting documents. It is particularly important that you read the guidance notes before completing your application.
- Information Governance Compliance Officer
- Job Category: Other
- Contract type: Temporary
- Working hours: Full Time
- Department: Resources
- Grade: Grade 5
- Salary: £20,541 - £23,866
- Closing date: 22/01/2019
An Information Governance Compliance Officer position is available within the Council’s Information Governance Team. This is a key position with responsibility for supporting the delivery of the Council’s Information Governance requirements and in particular surveillance technology.
The post holders will be responsible for:
• Co-ordinating and supporting the data privacy requirements of rollout of surveillance devices and lead the review of existing CCTV devices operated by the Council
• Providing training and support sessions to Council officers in respect of secure usage of devices in respect of Information Governance legislation
• Analysing data gathered through audit controls and usage of CCTV to produce high quality reports
• Processing requests for information under the Data Protection Act for access to footage covering telematic devices operated by the Council.
Successful candidates should be team players with a good appreciation of maximising the benefits of information technology in a customer-focused environment. The ability to analyse and empathise with customer circumstances and offer accurate, meaningful advice to customers, council officers and fellow team members is an important part of the job.
The post is currently based at County Hall, Atlantic Wharf, Cardiff.
For more information please contact Dave Parsons on (029) 2087 3317.
This post is subject to Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced checks.
This post is temporary until 31/12/2019.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Director/ Assistant Director/ Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
We welcome applications in both English and Welsh. Applications received in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than English applications.
As a large public sector organisation, it is important to us that we support the economic wellbeing of our citizens and that our workforce better reflects the communities we serve. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from under represented individuals:
aged under 25
not in employment, education or training
from our local communities including in particular those from the Cardiff BAME community
able to communicate fluently in Welsh
Print job details